Employee Financial Education
The Wass Consulting Group (WCG) provides retirement
planning services through it's joint venture company named Employee Financial
Education Associates (EFEA).
EFEA delivers Financial Education and Retirement Planning
Programs (FE&RPP) to employees of large corporations and non-profit
organizations. The principals of EFEA have personally delivered more than
100 of these seminars for major corporate employers over the last five
WCG and EFEA have identified a strong business case for employee
financial education programs (refer to our News
Release and our related Management Insight Article (PDF
Format or DOC Format) for details).
Research completed by the National Institute for Personal Finance Employee
Education (NIFPEE) at Virginia Tech University suggests a potential return
on investment of "at least 3 to 1". These returns
are achieved through:
- Reduced rates of absenteeism
- Improved productivity, through less work time spent dealing with personal
- Improved employee morale
- Reduced "reluctance or readiness to retire", translating
into improved opportunities for junior employees
EFEA's goal in serving clients is to "Effect
Positive Change through Employee Education." The mission of EFEA
is to help employers improve shareowner value by partnering with employees
- More effectively meet the challenges of changing markets,
business, financial, and personal investing environments.
- Effect positive change in organizational culture and employee
attitudes through employee education, thereby strengthening the employee/employer
- Motivate employee actions to address key financial and
retirement planning issues through more effective utilization of employer
programs and personal resources.
We carry out this mission by conducting a variety
of customized employee education programs including:
We preserve the integrity and focus of our mission by utilizing
a professional and unbiased staff who are compensated exclusively on a fee
basis (i.e., not by selling financial products or receiving investment-related
commissions or fees).
- Investing and Financial Education Programs for employees
- Investing, Financial Education, and Retirement Planning
Programs for mid-career and late-career employees.
- Programs for employees about to retire (voluntarily or