Posted October 2, 2019
WCG Inc. (formerly Watson CPA Group) is always looking for professionals to add to our team. Here are current employment opportunities as of Wednesday, October 2, 2019.
|Seasonal Tax Return Preparer||Open|
|Seasonal Tax Admin||Closed|
|Staff Accountant, Permanent Tax Return Preparer||Open|
Who We Are
WCG Inc. is a small local accounting firm in Colorado Springs who only engages with small business owners (S Corps, Partnerships, PCs) and complex individual tax preparation. We take a consultative approach to our client engagements by offering unlimited consultation and a strong focus on planning. Tax return quality naturally occurs from periodic client interaction throughout the year.
What We Crave
We crave people who are smart, compassionate and hard-working. You need to be an accountant at heart, have a high capacity to learn, and love the work. Make no mistake… we are all driven and motivated at WCG Inc. We unfortunately expect everyone who joins our team to be the same.
The following benefits are offered by WCG Inc. for full-time, permanent employees:
- Group health insurance (we pay for the employee, family and dependents are pre-tax deducted).
- Group life insurance ($50,000).
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- 401k plan (no matching currently, see expensive new office below).
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan, including possible Partner Buy-In.
- Cell phone allowance for certain positions (no, not so you have to work 24-7 but to be plugged in from time to time).
- Flexible hours (core is 8:30AM to 4:30PM).
- Unlimited paid time off for salary positions, others are 16 days off annually.
- Eligible for work from home (assessed and approved on a case by case basis).
- Closed Fridays May thru August, October and November (some employees are required to work some closed Fridays and is usually rotated on a volunteer basis).
- Small enough where you can make a difference (see our team)
- Brand new $1.9M, 6,500 square foot standalone office opening October 2019
Click on the buttons below for exciting job descriptions including qualifications and steps to apply.
How to Apply
Here is the step by step process-
Send a resume and a brief cover letter to [email protected].
If we swipe right, we will reply to your email with some basic questions. We are quick to respond (within 12-24 hours); please check junk or spam folders.
If we like your detailed and thoughtful emailed responses, we will hop on a 40-minute call to get some additional housekeeping out of the way for you and for us.
If things go well, an in-person interview is scheduled. If you need airline tickets for the in-person interview we typically reimburse you immediately following the interview. We can also set up a video conference as well (but hugs, handshakes and office tours are preferred).
There might be a second in-person interview as well.
For a list of in-person interview questions, please review the following-
Offices are in the same building as Lulu’s Yogurt and Back East Bar and Grill on the corner of Briargate and Chapel Hills. Yes, it is very difficult to get anything done. Four o’clock knockoffs on Fridays for Back East bread and beer is common. But not too much- can’t screw up our Saturday performance 🙂
Check out our new office building opening October 23 2019-
Thanks for looking!